As most of you know, Sean had a seizure last Friday. He was out of daycare due to a fever and I had just left the doctor. He didn't have an ear infection or strep throat, so the doctor said just to go home and give him Tylenol to get the fever down. We stopped at Target on the way home to pick up some stuff for the beach and Sean wasn't his usual, chipper self. I kept asking him questions, blue sheets or red? He would just nod. Then he looked down and started seizing. It was the single most scariest moment in my entire life. Luckily I was in Target where they have a walk-in clinic and I ran over to it as fast as I could. The doctor there took him back to the room immediately and had her assistant call 911. He was having what they call a febrile seizure, a seizure brought on my a high temp. The paramedics came and his seizure had stopped by the time they got there. It lasted 5 minutes. His temp was 103.6, which is not all that high in a sick kid, but I guess it was the drastic spike that brought on the seizure. The ambulance took us to the ER at GBMC. The doctor there was great, she answered all of our questions and was very reassuring. They pumped him full of Motrin and he fell asleep for a couple hours. By the time we left around 5pm, he was up and eating a popsicle and drinking a little milk. The good (GREAT) news is that there is no damage and he is fine. The bad news is that it is more likely that it will happen again. At least we know what to do now. Thank you for keeping our family in your thoughts an prayers.
We ended up still going to the beach, the doctor said we shouldn't change our plans. We just had to give him Motrin every 6 hours for 2 days. On Friday he was quiet and was kind of clingy and cranky. He didn't like being on the beach or at the pool, so we stayed in the condo most of the time. On Sunday he was a bit better...of course when we were leaving. I got a few good pictures, not as many as I would have liked, but what are you going to do?

Dad, Sean and Lili (peeking out) at Ocean City

Daddy and Lili

Building sand castles

The kids playing in the sand

Why can't I get in the sand?

Sean was chasing seagulls

Mom and Sean...not such a happy monkey this day

Daddy and Sean in the COLD! water

Do you want a Dorito?


I can stand!

WAAASSSSSUUUUUUPPPP????

There is the concerned look again...

Family self portrait...we'll get a good one some day!
No comments:
Post a Comment