Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Day out with Thomas!

Okay, okay, so I was slacking again; but it is hard working full time, taking care of a one and two year old and a house....so lay off! ;-)

This past weekend we went to Strasburg, PA to take a ride on a train, pulled by THE Thomas. Sean and Lili absolutely loved the train ride, both of them had their heads sticking out the windows the entire time. Lili really enjoyed seeing all the horses around; it is Amish country up there. It was an exhausting, but fun day out. We will definitely go back, there is so much to do and see up there.

As far as the kids go, they are great! We have found that Sean is very, very observant, he'll remember the smallest things, weeks down the road. As an example, one weekend he and Garth were watching a baseball game for about 10 minutes, and an outfielder fell down chasing the ball (probably and Oriole) the next week, Garth turned the TV on to check a score or something and Sean said, "That baseball guy, fall down again?" He also loves helping Daddy pick strawberries and he helps him throw the bad ones out.

Lili is growing like a weed, she still only has 6 teeth; but has shown that she doesn't need them. She can eat just about anything. She is starting to get more vocal too. Her latest word is "NO!" and "mine!" Lucky us. I think that she is going to be the daredevil, she is already moving chairs around, so she can climb up on things and get herself into more trouble. In the past month or so, she has started getting a lot more "time outs"; which Sean just thinks is hilarious, he feels the need to tell me that Lili is in time out. Duh, I know, I put her there. He is "helping", I am sure.

Here are some pictures:


Green eggs and ham (well, lil' smokies)


Green eggs and ham were a hit!


Sean got a new (to him) tricycle


I don't think he wanted to take Lili for a ride though


This water is cold!


Is this where I sit?


Splash! Splash! Splash!


Sean and Daddy waiting in line to see Thomas


Mommy and Lili waiting in line...


Sean on the train...CHEESE!


Hair blowing in the wind, she loved it!


Mommy and Lili riding the train


Daddy and Sean riding the train

Amish Country!


Lili is growing up so fast!


Waiting in line to get our picture taken with Thomas


Sean on the Crank Cars, he did really well!






Sean and Daddy on the mini train


Sean, Daddy and Sir Topemhat...Lili wanted NOTHING
to do with the guy


Sean, climbing on trains


Daddy, climbing on trains too


Sean loved being around all the trains


Sean, Lili and Daddy watching Thomas go by


MMMMM...funnel cake!


Lili enjoyed it too


Sean's pouty face


He couldn't do it for long


It looks like he is in pain, but I think he was saying, 'Cheese'


Sean was helping Lili....


...by shoving her in a pot and covering her with blankets


Seriously?

1 comment:

Robin said...

I love Lily in the cold water and in the flower pot! Love it! Looks like the train was lots of fun!